Iraqis to settle in UK

barca1 21:48 25 Mar 08
  al7478 22:05 25 Mar 08

What's your point?

newman35 06:30 26 Mar 08

Please, God, not the 'immigration' rants again.
These seem to be people who have helped our troops (at obvious risk to themselves) - welcome.

laurie53 09:08 26 Mar 08

If we have "stabilised" their country why are they at risk?

Oh, you mean we haven't made things better for the average Iraqi?

Well well. Who'd have thought it?

laurie53 09:08 26 Mar 08

If we have "stabilised" their country why are they at risk?

Oh, you mean we haven't made things better for the average Iraqi?

Well well. Who'd have thought it?

anskyber 09:15 26 Mar 08

The report makes it clear why. No one has said the country is stabilised and clearly it is not.

I imagine those who think they should not come should also reject the Ghurka requests.

jakimo 10:48 26 Mar 08

fair enough,but why haven't the Gurkha's been given the same rights,they have earned it

Coffee Adict 13:50 26 Mar 08

Have you signed the petition for the Gurkhas, there's a link in the Gurkha thread, near bottom of page on my screen.

techie4me 15:57 26 Mar 08

Seems these are the people who have helped HM Armed Forces the most and could well be killed if they do not take the offer of a one off payement or the chance to live in the UK.

jakimo & Coffee Adict this situation is different, but i dont see how though!

tillybaby 09:22 27 Mar 08

The plight of these people were on highlighted on a documentary last week, it seems that many have already been tortured and killed for helping the British and many that were interviewed felt they had been betrayed and were in fear of their lives every day,

I'm sure many would prefer to stay in their own country if it were safe to do so. Of course we only see a tiny tiny bit on the news of what life is really like now in Iraq and that has to be censored somewhat because they just cannot broadcast the real horrors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now