Internet TV- opinions on future....

tim12 16:51 25 Apr 08

I believe that this internet video phenomenon is simply a bi-product of web 2.0. The real future is in internet TV and this is live TV, not just clips or short films with ads that supply income rather than subscriptions.
Internet TV seems to be in the press constantly recently, with headlines suggesting that regular TV broadcasters are 'quaking in their boots' as it seems watching TV on demand seems to be the next big thing. Some are not convinced at the multitude, at which this will become a reality, as argument suggests that watching TV on a computer screen is not as comforting as in your regular TV set, let alone the huge bandwidths that are needed and patience in setting the whole package up.
I use a site called viewmy.tv that streams live global channels for free and gives the chance to watch them via gadgets, widgets and applications so you are not restricted to a ridged computer. This is an example of how internet TV can be flexible and free but I am not sure that many other sites provide a service with good quality.
The jury is out but I personally can’t get enough!

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:02 25 Apr 08

Call me Mr Cynical but this does rather smell of advertising.

G

tim12 17:15 25 Apr 08

Hi,

I can understand where you are coming from but I was just using this site as an example why internet is not purely restricted to the computer screen! I like internet TV and there has been some bad press recently so I thought I would give an example of a site that is actually thinking of new ways to stream.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos