internet shopping

fitcher 18:21 04 May 05

according to a news report 5% of people have been dupped on the internet .(though I do not see much reference to that on these sites) .no one seems bothered that a lot of sites , do not show a phone number or contact address. and will not accept a cheque sale .there must be many people like me who have been sent the wrong items . I think they should have to show an address and phone contact .not quote an e mail

Hamish 18:31 04 May 05

Fully agree. I am not one of the 5% but I do not buy from any firm which does not have a contact address and a telephone number.

PurplePenny 19:55 04 May 05

They do have to! Any UK online retailer must, by law, provide full company details - name, a UK geographic address and an e-mail address. A telephone number is not mandatory.

wiz-king 21:38 04 May 05

has nobody asked me! All these surveys on crime, insurance,schools etc and I have never been questioned, yet I get phone calls saying I have won a prize by filling in a survey?

nmiller 21:55 04 May 05

there are really tight rules in place for e-commerce detaled in the Electronic Commerce Directive (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.

I'm researching this and I reckon that about 30% of small websites don't adhere to the regulations. I won't buy anything from a company that doesn't adhere.... for example by showing a geographical address. Loads of companies only show a PO Box..... if something went wrong, how would you contact them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…