Internet Free Day

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:18 29 Jan 06

click here

So why don't we go and do something interesting instead?
I have a car to repair but I'm here instead:-

1. Because its cold out there.
2. It involves work.
3. I might have to talk to the other half.

So what are you doing on Internet Free Day?

mco 10:29 29 Jan 06

it's internet free day today then? Well, since I've already spoiled it for myself by being online for an hour or so, I might as well carry on...
anyway, I have internet free fortnights every summer - that's torture enough for me!

mco 10:30 29 Jan 06

I talk to my other half and children on the internet from one room to another...

spuds 10:54 29 Jan 06

Fully agree, why not have an internet free day, there seems to be day's for everything nowadays.But just think of all those people employed and working today as routine in the IT industry. Would Internet Free Day become No Work Today Day.

Think I will print out a few T-shirts, for Get Rich Today day :o)

SG Atlantis® 11:11 29 Jan 06

Someone must have told ntl that this day off is mandatory and happens more than once a year!

I had an internet free day on friday, it felt like the day was twice as long...

Forum Editor 12:43 29 Jan 06

it's as if the internet is somehow evil, so we all have to deny ourselves access to it for a day - just to prove we can.

I don't see the point of it. If I want to stop doing something I will, I don't need someone to organise a special day for it.

Chegs ®™ 13:57 29 Jan 06

There's a No smoking day,I ignore it.There's umpteen other No something days,I ignore them.I will do as always and ignore this one as well.I wonder if there will ever be a No silly suggestions day,I might not ignore that one.

Forum Editor 14:24 29 Jan 06

A "No silly suggestions day"?

What a silly idea.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:27 29 Jan 06

Wife dragged me away to do something else for the last 3 hrs, thats long enough for me today.

Sometimes work gets in the way of using my PC, been travelling for the last 3 weeks and only been on the net at weekends so had my share this month of "internet free"

wolfie3000 20:35 29 Jan 06

I agree FE its nonsence i dont need others to tell me when to go outside as i spend most of my time outside anyway.
Im just wondering what affect on the world wide web would be if everyone on the planet didnt go online?

flyboy 12:08 04 Feb 06

If it ever came to pass,

The grandkids would think I was ill.

Having said that, so would the 'Better Half'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5