Interenet Explorer 7

farrow 12:57 25 Mar 05

With alleged leaks and rumours of details of Internet Explorer 7 eg. better security, tabbed browser etc.
Why have MS seperated it from the next Operating System?
Are they afraid of losing ground to alternative browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Opera?
OR
Is it more to do with Anti-trust actions and threats of splitting the company?
OR
Is Longhgorn going to be delayed, delayed, delayed?

Kate B 12:58 25 Mar 05

IE is losing market share and is generally perceived to be inferior both in terms of the user experience and security. I'm not surprised Microsoft is rushing it out - if it's true - it needs to catch up.

VoG II 14:11 25 Mar 05
  farrow 15:19 25 Mar 05

Thanks for the link VoGTM. I think Microsoft has given way to public concerns to a certain extent.
I was interested in other peoples opinions.

PurplePenny 14:04 26 Mar 05

MS are talking to web developers to find out what they want from IE7. click here It will come as no surprise that the answer that they are getting is "support HTML and CSS standards".

powerless 17:04 26 Mar 05

What's the answer?

Forum Editor 17:29 26 Mar 05

Despite Microsoft's assertions to the contrary, it was fairly obvious that they would react to the Firefox uptake. If you read my article in issue 117 (page 27) you'll have seen me predicting it then.

Microsoft isn't known for walking away from a fight, and if I'm any judge the browser party's far from over. Firefox developers had better look to their keyboards, and study their Internet browser history books.

farrow 17:41 26 Mar 05

Forum Editor
I left my issue 117 at work over the long weekend. Anywhere I can read it on-line?

PurplePenny 13:53 28 Mar 05

Answer to what? I don't have the answer - I want the MS dev team to come up with that! If you mean the answer to the question that MS is asking the web devlopers then my answer is the same - I want IE7 to support CSS standards.

powerless 16:02 28 Mar 05

Good!

mrrix32 09:05 29 Mar 05

Sorry Microsoft fans! but the omly thing I use IE for is windows/office update and things that won't accept FireFox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…