Intel or AMD?

Charence 19:02 07 Dec 04

Hmmm...how do the CPUs from these to companies compare? What do you prefer? And is 64 bit actually any good?

All the PCs I've owned are Intel machines, I don't remember using a computer with an AMD CPU. They probably aren't much different, but from a consumer point of view, the confusing naming of AMD products just put me off and when I bought my first PC, I remember the salesman saying how good the Intel was compared to the AMD. Is that true?

What's your opinion?

Note to FE - "Speakers Corner", shouldn't it be something like "Speaker's Corner" or Speakers' Corner"? I may be wrong...

Charence

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:38 07 Dec 04

click here or use the search, this has been asked many times. Personally there is no difference and 64 bit is only useful if you are running 40+ machines off a server.....

G

Forum Editor 06:55 08 Dec 04

It should be Speakers Corner. We have reasons for using that configuration.

Your question (about processors) has been asked dozens of times in the past - why don't you try using the search facility?

Noelg23 16:23 08 Dec 04

for me there can be only one! AMD baby!!! yeah!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…