int explorer v opera

WIG29 19:10 21 Apr 06

any comments?

VoG II 19:21 21 Apr 06

What about Firefox?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:51 21 Apr 06

I ahve never heard of or met anyone that has experienced hardship/loss form the so-called'security flaws' in IE...so I use that.

G

Mr Mistoffelees 20:23 21 Apr 06

I use Opera just because I like it, not because it is, by some people, perceived as being more secure. My partner is happy with IE6, so she uses that.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:27 21 Apr 06

The only reason Firefox is more popular than Opera is because it has been over-hyped and a great many people have been taken in by that hype. Opera is a more complete and much more polished product.

VoG II 21:00 21 Apr 06

I have to disagree with that Mr Mistoffelees. I used to be an avid user of Opera but Firefox beats it hands down.

However, a lot of this is down to personal preference as with Windows vs Linux, cars, real ale, TV programs and almost everything else we encounter in our lives.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:04 21 Apr 06

I think it is mostly down to personal preference, I am not at all impressed by Firefox and will continue with Opera for the foreseable future. As for real ale, hard to beat Old Speckled Hen.

Ancient Learner 21:07 21 Apr 06

Opera every time. And I prefer Fonseca Bin27 Port myself.

VoG II 22:36 21 Apr 06

Guinness - brewed in the Republic of Ireland - is, IMHO - far superior to Speckled Hen or any other 'Real Ale'. But it has to be the worst browser I have ever used.

ade.h 22:57 21 Apr 06

Usability is what matters most. Does the browser function in the way in which YOU want it to? Is it well-featured?

Opera is pretty well specced and largely performs as it should. The only weak spot is the slightly fiddly cookie handling. Firefox is plainer out of the box, but very extendable and has absolutely brilliant cookie handling. It also has a greater range of appearances that Opera. IE, however, has none of this. It isn't anywhere near as adjustable, it is not as nice to use, the cookie handling is unbelievably bad and there's basically one boring appearance. I usually like MS products but IE (and OE as well) lets the side down.

Belatucadrus 00:17 22 Apr 06

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

They're all free and as has been clearly stated it's all a matter of personal preference, so why not download a few and see what suits you.
It'll probably be Firefox because as usual VoG™ is right, He's always right he's irritating that way.

Dunno about the Guinness though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…