Insect Photos Close-ups.

rdave13 23:10 26 Nov 11
Answered

Most colourful I've seen of bugs. My favourite is the Broad-headed Sharpshooter Leafhopper. Makes you wonder how they can set up these shots?

spider close-ups

lotvic 23:23 26 Nov 11

Now usually I don't like 'bugs n things' but I found those close ups absolutely fascinating. I may just have found a new hobby interest. Thank you, now going back for a second look.

Graham* 23:56 26 Nov 11

cleaning his fangs with his palps

This is a family show, after all.

Forum Editor 00:03 27 Nov 11

Astonishing stuff - makes me want to throw my camera out of the window.

rdave13 00:12 27 Nov 11

Forum Editor, I know how you feel and I'm useless with the simplest camera.

If GANDALF was still on these forums I bet he'd have something to say.

Autoschediastic 02:15 27 Nov 11

Dave FANTASTIC link! thanks so much ive posted it on my Facebook profile and ive gained a little bit of merit from my contacts lol great pics! keep em coming!

A

Aitchbee 09:29 27 Nov 11

Great photos...it makes me wonder what these marvellous creatures 'see', with their multiple and complex eye systems.

hssutton 09:36 27 Nov 11

Actually this type of photo is relatively easy, especially with any Canon DSLR, but you do need the Canon MP-E 65 mm f/2.8 lens which costs around £780.

I don't have this lens, but with my 100mm macro lens + Ex tubes I take photos of dew drops such as this Dewdrop Refraction Would be far,far easy with MP-E 65mm

carver 10:06 27 Nov 11

Those photos are brilliant and make any I've taken just fit for the delete button.

I've been trying to get the wife to buy me a dedicated macro lens and after seeing those photos I don't think I will mention the subject again.

interzone55 10:27 27 Nov 11

Simply stunning, thanks for the link.

Graham* 15:45 27 Nov 11

How about this of Sheffield? Click Download Image to make your Memory squeak.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This Uplifting Animation Celebrates Team GB’s Road to Rio

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features, including new features…