Inflated cost of holidays

namtas 20:08 24 Feb 14

Holiday companies are accused of inflating holiday prices during school holiday periods.

Good marketing or a rip off?

geoff96 20:34 24 Feb 14

Supply and demand.

fourm member 21:43 24 Feb 14

What geoff96 said.

A holiday is not a right. If people can't afford to go then they can't go.

The tourism business is all about making your profit when there is demand and hoping that the demand is strong enough to cover the losses you'll make the rest of the year when you're keeping your infrastructure together.

Unless things have changed, British package holidays are the cheapest around anyway.

We used to stay in a hotel that was also used by operators from Sweden and Norway. A Norwegian we met worked out that he could have saved money by flying to the UK and taking a British package holiday.

wee eddie 22:02 24 Feb 14

I would assume that they discount their holidays during Term Time rather than the other way around

spider9 08:41 25 Feb 14

wee eddie

"I would assume that they discount their holidays during Term Time rather than the other way around"

Of course they do, what makes you think they might do it "the other way round"?

namtas 13:33 25 Feb 14

Education Secretary Michael Gove suggests parents should pressure schools to alter term time to stop families being fleeced, by holiday firms.
Apparently that same holiday can cost as much as £600 more if families travel during the school holiday period.

wee eddie 15:22 25 Feb 14

Tenerife is really cheap in February but then most of the facilities are shut down and they need your business

Batch 16:10 25 Feb 14

"Tenerife is really cheap in February but then most of the facilities are shut down and they need your business"

Where on earth did you get that idea?

It is peak season out there at this time of year. Apart from Xmas, accommodation costs are highest at this time of year. It's snowbird land. Bods don't need to go there in the summer as there is a whole lot more (with good weather) available then.

Batch 16:12 25 Feb 14

In any event, back on the main topic. Answer = don't have children (aka Spawn of Satan).

spider9 18:03 25 Feb 14

Batch

"Answer = don't have children"

Absolutely agree with you.

I've always found that women are much better at it, and, I'm reliably informed, are actually anatomically built for the very purpose. So I decided quite young that I wasn't going to have children!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…