Inevitable Alonso departure

Marko797 14:16 02 Nov 07

Like most members of the PCA Tifosi, I guessed this was on the cards....

click here

crosstrainer 14:38 02 Nov 07

An all UK drivers line-up, with Button joining Mclaren? I doubt it, but it's a strange sport at times.

Marko797 14:55 02 Nov 07

that wud be interesting tho, CT

crosstrainer 15:36 02 Nov 07

Interesting is who will have Alonso now, after he repeatedly threw his toy's out of the pram?

Marko797 15:53 02 Nov 07

I think initial rumours were linked to Renault, from where he came, but things may have changed what with all the rumpus in this yrs F1.

crosstrainer 15:57 02 Nov 07

He turned them down? How ironic if he goes to Ferrari :) That's where he will want to go I think....But would they put all last season's philandering behind?

Marko797 16:34 02 Nov 07

U think Ferrari would let Massa go?
I'm not so sure. 4 me, he was one of the better drivers of last yr.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:44 02 Nov 07

No chance of Alonso going to Ferrari next season.

No 1. on one of their cars is too much to loose they would not want to let the world champion go
and Massa has recently signed a 4 year contract

alB 17:27 02 Nov 07

Stick him in the BTCC for a year, lets see how he copes with that ...alB

crosstrainer 17:36 02 Nov 07

Rosberg is the likely partner for Hamilton next year.

Chris the Ancient 18:08 02 Nov 07

Rumours offer two options for Alonso... Renault or Red Bull - with Red Bull looking favourite.

OK, so Red Bull are looking up. But then who would go? DC or Webber - both good, established drivers with a contract already in place. I don't see how that can be a favourite - especially as Renault have said they would like Alonso back. But what's their car like in the grand scheme of things.

The permutations of who would go to McLaren are enormous; and despite their 'difficulties' with Mosley, I am sure that many drivers would like that seat. So, perhaps, DC could go there - or Webber? That could leave a seat at Red Bull for Alonso.

I think Button has burned his boats by sticking with Honda quite so hard - and he's always s-o-o-o quick to blame the car - even if it is a bit ropey.

I can see a very 'interesting' closed season with more than meets the ey on the horizon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…