Indispensible Apps?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:39 PM 20 Jul 13

Bought myself a tablet (Nexus 7) before going away for a couple of weeks, loaded it with some films music and e-books as would be "out of touch", added Kindle App and VLC App to play them.

These are the only two Apps added so far (other than the other rubbish that it came with).

What apps do you find indispensible for your tablet or phone?

sunnypete 18:01 PM 20 Jul 13

If you're into Astronomy "What's Up", I have on my Playbook.

rdave13 18:23 PM 20 Jul 13

Avast, Skydrive and TubeMate. With Dolphin and Firefox browsers. That's about it.

morddwyd 18:26 PM 20 Jul 13

Apart from accessibility aids, Kindle, Patience and Pocket Informant (personal organiser).

Flak999 19:14 PM 20 Jul 13

Kindle, online banking and the met office weather app for me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:39 PM 20 Jul 13

Forgot to say I have already put Avast on it

Weather App and Astronomy App sound good had clear skies while I was away and very little light pollution.

Aitchbee 19:58 PM 20 Jul 13

I would like an [intelligent] app that dispenses with all other 'so-called' indispensible [ but rubbishy ] apps, at the touch-of-a-button.

Al94 21:01 PM 20 Jul 13

BBC weather app, BBC iPlayer, WhatsApp, TuneinRadio, Sky+,

Woolwell 22:50 PM 20 Jul 13

Angry Birds, iPlayer, ITV, Sudocku, Evernote, Dropbox, Skype, BBC News and Weather, Facebook, Twitter, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, Office apps, plus quite a few more including TV guide.

Quickbeam 09:08 AM 21 Jul 13

Accu Weather, Audible, Smart Audio, Navfree, Memory Map, Meetup, Jukefox, BBC News, Auto Trader, Amazon,eBay, Argos, Halfords... I've gone from blanking all that trendyness from my mind to addict in a year!

But I won't be tempted by Facebook or Twitter under any circumstances.

Quickbeam 09:09 AM 21 Jul 13

oh, and the BBC iFive Live Extra with the test matches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016