Important announcement

Forum Editor 17:34 15 Dec 09

for those of you who have registered an interest in the new beta test that I announced in an earlier thread click here

Please read the following information carefully, and respond to me via email - NOT in this thread.

The service that we'll be testing is due to launch at some point in the morning (16/12/09), and you will be the first people to use it. You will need to download a widget from a new website, and in order to ensure that you get the premium service version the developers want to have an email address for all participants. This will enable them to set up a special free account for each of you.

There's not much time before the service goes live, and for that reason I would like you to email me urgently, only if you do NOT wish me to pass on the address that you used to send your first email. If I do not hear from you by later tonight I will make the assumption that it is OK to pass on your email address. I can assure you that under no circumstances will your address be used for any other purpose than to set up your special free account, and it will not be passed to a third party. The company involved has an excellent reputation for integrity, and I have no reason to doubt its data protection policy.

Unless you agree to this condition I regret that it will not be possible for you to take part in the test.

Time is of the essence, as they say, so please respond very rapidly if you don't want me to pass on your address, or if you wish to provide me with another one.

Forum Editor 22:36 15 Dec 09

We have a healthy compliment of testers, and I have received no negative emails with regard to addresses. I shall therefore now pass the list to the company involved.

Please watch the beta test forum for the appearance of a new thread relating to this test. We'll be enabling posting rights for everyone on the list at some point tomorrow,and we'll publish details of the service you'll be testing, together with a link for the widget download. By that time an account should have been created for you on the site in question.

This has all been something of a rush,and I hope everything goes smoothly - don't hesitate to email me if you have any queries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…