The importance of cables and adaptators

281apple 08:38 22 Oct 04

I have finally found out how to use a TV to show my vdeo films and slide shows which are on my laptop.
Of course it is necessary to correctly configure the computer but I forgot the importance of cables and adaptators.
When I ran a video film or slide show from my laptop to a TV the image was always in black and white. I cried for help and there were several replies interesting and sometimes a bit complicated.
In fact when you output from a laptop it is always (as far as I know) with an SVHS OUT plug and if you have a TV with an SVHS IN plug you have no problem and the image will be in color. I have two TV's but neither of them are SVHS so I had to change the input from SVHS to VHS, this is easy if you go thru a VCR ou something like DAZZLE, but direct computer to TV will give you a Black and White image on a non SVHS TV. THANKS TO HG (a fellow member of PC Advisor) I realized that I needed an adaptor IN SVHS with an OUT RCA (Cinch). I found one for 12 Euros. All is well now. Can now show videos and slide shows on my friends' and neighbors' TV with my laptop.

spuds 12:44 22 Oct 04

I generally find that a visit or internet browse via Maplin's click here usually solves the problem. The instore staff are usually very well versed on this compatibility subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…