I'm tired

pj123 17:27 02 Nov 07

Yes I’m tired, for several years I’ve been blaming it on middle age, poor blood, lack of vitamins, air pollution, saccharin, obesity, dieting, under arm odour, yellow wax build up and another dozen maladies that make you wonder if life is really worth living.

But I found out that it ain’t that.

I’m tired because I am overworked. The population of this country is 51 million, 21 million are retired, that leaves 30 million to do the work.

There are 19 million in school, that leaves 11 million to do the work, 2 million are unemployed and 4 million are employed by the government. That leaves 5 million to do the work. One million are in the armed forces, which leaved 4 million to do the work. 3 million are employed by County and Borough Councils leaving 1 million to do the work. There are 620,000 people in hospital and 709,998 in prison.

That leaves 2 people to do the work. You and me. And you are sitting on your arse reading this.

No wonder I’m bloody tired!

alB 17:44 02 Nov 07

And I thought it was me that did all the work, ah well ...alB

SB23 17:48 02 Nov 07

I feel guilty now for letting you do it all, lol!

FreeCell 17:59 02 Nov 07

Sorry, I thought I was doing the night-shift!

Legolas 18:09 02 Nov 07

Here I am lying on my back on the couch enjoying the rest and now you have made me fell guilty NOT ;-)

Pineman100 18:34 02 Nov 07

Speaking as one of those retired... thank you!

Now get back to work.

Marko797 18:40 02 Nov 07

a lottery win, then I cud join the retired set...bliss (golf, beaches, sunshine etc)

oresome 19:24 02 Nov 07

I think pj123 could be right.

Since I stopped working I thought it would be nice to go places at times to avoid the queues.

Don't you believe it. There are queues at any time wherever you go and I keep wondering why the rest of you aren't at work keeping the country solvent.

Stuartli 19:52 02 Nov 07

How are you fixed for some overtime?

lotvic 17:26 03 Nov 07

You are so tired that you can neither add up nor subtract properly

rdave13 19:30 03 Nov 07

Relax. The Government has already solved your hectic lifestyle. Set yourself up as a labour force agency and the thousands and thousands of imported workers, who'll work for less pay than the natives, will make sure you'll never work again. :-|

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5