I'm thinking of joining the caravan set

Legolas 19:05 31 Mar 08

I has an old caravan a few years ago which I put on a site on the Isle of Arran. I stopped going to Arran as often and gave the van to my friends daughter and son-in-law. It got damaged and they scrapped it.

As I went there a lot during the summer it saved me lots of money.

Now I am thinking of getting another van, nothing expensive, a three or four berth will do. Does anyone know of any good Internet sites for second-hand caravans, bearing in mind I live in the Glasgow area?

Al94 19:09 31 Mar 08

try here click here
You're brave to ask here as there are bound to be some anti caravan comments!

Legolas 19:11 31 Mar 08

I'm not wanting it to tour just to put on a site. If you do get stuck behind me I'll give you a wave ;)

Legolas 19:17 31 Mar 08

Thanks for the link had a look and they seem quite reasonable. Now who do I know with a towbar?

Forum Editor 19:19 31 Mar 08

let's not have any of the tired old anti-caravan comments - we've all heard them on numerous occasions in the past.

wiz-king 19:22 31 Mar 08

Sorry ... my horse wont travel outside Surrey's lanes.

Legolas 19:30 31 Mar 08

Thanks for that, I am a fan of the caravan although even I can get a bit annoyed if stuck behind one specially on the winding roads around Loch Lomond.

Bingalau 19:59 31 Mar 08

Ive often thought about buying one of those Lumbago things... Or is it a Winnebago? I think they are probably easier to handle both on and off the roads. Has anybody got any experience of them?

oresome 20:15 31 Mar 08

"Has anybody got any experience of them?"

Yes, they block the view and cast a large shadow if you're unfortunate enough to get a pitch alongside one.

Coffee Adict 20:23 31 Mar 08

I thought they were illegal on British roads, too wide or something like that.

csqwared 20:36 31 Mar 08

Don't know if it's one of those "urban myth" stories but I seem to remember a tale regarding Winnebago being sued for s*** loads of money because the owner got in the back to make a coffee and crashed - the vehicle was fitted with autocruise. The story goes, he won his case!! Anyone for coffee??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced