I'm not often hit by emotion

Al94 20:13 09 May 09

but I heard this poor local girl on the car radio this afternoon and my eyes filled up - click here

lotvic 20:20 09 May 09

"Northern Ireland widow of a soldier shot dead in southern Afghanistan has said she has lost the love of her life"

It is very sad.

Jim Thing 22:30 09 May 09

Me too...

justme 23:23 09 May 09

It is very easy to think of these unfortunate people who are injured or killed as just another soldier.However, they are someone's son, father, boyfriend, husband or friend and each one will be sadly missed by their respective families.

It is really sad that we as a nation do not honour and respect them for carrying out their duties. Even if you do not agree that they should be there they are still only carrying out their duties as they have been ordered to do and they deserve our respect for doing so.

user8 16:15 11 May 09

It's a sad these days that those who serve Queen & Country and on the orders of the government are not able to wear proudly their uniforms in case they are attacked.

Just shows this country is going down the river!

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:41 11 May 09

12 Afghans, who also had families, died as well.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…