I'm Not Irish but

Bingalau 09:44 17 Mar 07

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY to one and all!

Jak_1 09:50 17 Mar 07

No chance of avoiding it here in Manchester :(

Bingalau 10:01 17 Mar 07

Same here in the capital of Ireland (Liverpool) So we just join in and enjoy it. It's a pity there's never as much enthusiasm for St. George's day.

Polygonal lass 10:16 17 Mar 07

I am not Irish, and I don't celebrate St Patrick's day, why should I?

I am sure the Irish don't celebrate St Andrew's Day or St George's Day!

Don't understand all the fuss over St Patrick's Day!

Forum Editor 10:29 17 Mar 07

That's because you're not Irish.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:35 17 Mar 07

No snakes in Ireland, is that why they are celebrating St Patrick's day?

One of the best nights out I ever had, was with a Scotsman (I'm English) in a Irish bar, in Cardiff on St Patrick's day. The Irish really know how to enjoy themselves.

:0)

Bingalau 10:39 17 Mar 07

When I was stationed in Singapore two of my best friends were Irish, they didn't care if it was St. Patrick or St. David or any other Saint. Any excuse for a party was their motto.

Arthur Scrimshaw 11:11 17 Mar 07

I thought Liverpool was the Capital of Wales. Now that's just plain greedy being the Capital of two Countries!

Al94 11:50 17 Mar 07

A victory over Italy this afternoon would make Paddys day complete! Pity I can't have a beer or two as I have to drive to the airport to collect son returning from Uni for Easter!

pj123 12:38 17 Mar 07

Bingalau, I know what you mean. When I was in Singapore (RN) we never even got out of the dockyard gate. It was staight to the Dockyard canteen where the Tiger Tops never stopped flowing and I don't know how many times we were:

"Off to see the wild west show"

Bingalau 15:20 17 Mar 07

pj123. Respectfully suggest that you did in fact get out of the dockyard, because HMS Terror was not inside the dockyard. (I think you are talking about the Armada canteen in HMS Terror). There was no canteen inside the dockyard. Both the dockyard and HMS Terror were however inside the Naval base. But as you state that was a good run ashore without really going anywhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…