I'm not a cat-lover

BryanR 15:16 09 Oct 08

I prefer dogs as a rule - they're more loyal, friendly and they'll actually fetch the ball when I throw it.

Having said that I'm not a cat-lover, I must admit I wouldn't mind trying a cat burger. I'll eat rabbit - an equally furry family friend - so why not eat cat?

click here

At least it would stop them making a mess in my garden.

BryanR

peter99co 15:18 09 Oct 08

Now you've put the cat amongst the pigeons!

BryanR 15:23 09 Oct 08

I'll eat the pigeons as well

Pine Man 15:31 09 Oct 08

I liked the quote, '"just think of them as very small cows. Job done.'

lofty29 16:00 09 Oct 08

I read somewhere that the chinese will eat anything but the heart and the lungs of a dog, I remember where I used to live the local chinese takeaway was next door to the local vets????

NewestRoyWidd1 16:02 09 Oct 08

"I prefer dogs as a rule - they're more loyal, friendly and they'll actually fetch the ball when I throw it."
Thats because dogs are basically simple creatures,and want to please you,their pack leader.Cats however are far more complicated,and tend to do just what they want.
Admittedly,some will chase after a small ball if thrown,but they're just honing their innate hunting skills,not to please their owners.
As for trying'cat-burgers',I hope you were kidding?If not,why not extend your diet to include dog and horse-meat?

peter99co 16:07 09 Oct 08

Like the French?

Chow is Chinese for food is it not. It is also a type of Dog.

canarieslover 16:20 09 Oct 08

A dog thinks: My owners feed me, love me, provide me with a nice house, and take good care of me... They must be gods!

A cat thinks: My owners feed me, love me, provide me with a nice house and take good care of me...
I must be a god!

That's why you prefer dogs, you like to feel superior.

BryanR 16:24 09 Oct 08

I see no reason not to eat cat if that's something which is part of a different culture's diet. Same goes for horse or dog. I'd never eat a red squirrel in the UK, but if they're plentiful elsewhere, why not?

peter99co 16:29 09 Oct 08

You would not like Cat. It is said to be Sticky. I cannot however confirm this because I would not eat it if I was starving to death.

Resusitated Rat Rissoles are a different matter.

Pineman100 18:42 09 Oct 08

The short version is:

Dogs have owners.

Cats have staff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…