I'm leaving you all

Forum Editor 23:09 PM 28 Sep 11

to fend for yourselves for a week while I disappear into the dark continent. My internet access will be sporadic, to say the least, so I'll be conspicuous by my absence for most of the time as far as the forum is concerned.

Matt will be watching over you while I'm gone - I know you'll give him an easy time of it. I'll see you on the other side.

flycatcher1 23:11 PM 28 Sep 11

FE Do you go to the States very often?

Brumas 23:30 PM 28 Sep 11

Any excuse not to have a guess on a Friday night ;o}} Have a good trip.

theDarkness 23:32 PM 28 Sep 11

have a great african adventure-almost everywhere beats this tiny island. ill leave it one day lol

Forum Editor 23:39 PM 28 Sep 11

Forum Editor 23:39 PM 28 Sep 11

There's no fooling you, is there?

Forum Editor 23:43 PM 28 Sep 11

Thank you.

Africa isn't all about adventure,I assure you, and lots of it can't hold a candle to 'this tiny island'. I've travelled around a lot over the years, and I can tell you that the UK beats most other countries hands down in so many ways. Don't be in too much of a hurry to leave.

TopCat® 23:59 PM 28 Sep 11

Give my regards to the Nairobians, Peter. It's quite a few years since I was there so I imagine some changes to the skyline may have taken place. Are you staying at the Norfolk Hotel by any chance?

Although it's about 400 miles from Nairobi a visit to the Masai Mara Game Reserve should be spectacular at this time of year. It's roughly about this time of year that the Great Migratory spectacle begins its reverse trek across the African plains, so there will be plenty of wildlife to see and photograph.

Have a great trip. TC.

theDarkness 00:07 AM 29 Sep 11

I suppose you are correct, perhaps not on a permanent basis-once Ive seen everything outwith, I may well want to turn back :( Ill just whave to finally set up that passport in order to find out. Im sure if I lived elsewhere, the uk may well be the first place Id want to explore first-although not in true indiana jones style, as in your case :) ..africa is huge, I wouldnt know where to start

Autoschediastic 00:15 AM 29 Sep 11

All the best Peter! have a safe journey & go easy on the Sherry :-)

Forum Editor 00:20 AM 29 Sep 11

No, not the Norfolk.

Nairobi isn't my favourite city on earth, to be honest. It has a high crime rate, and you run a high risk of being mugged if you look at all prosperous - which I don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off