I'm getting more spam through my letterbox than

pj123 14:47 20 Sep 07

by email.

Today I counted 5 people delivering leaflets door to door and it's only 1445.

Generally if there is a reply paid envelope I just put the junk back in and put it in the post.

Forum Editor 15:00 20 Sep 07

Why do you do that? You're just making the situation worse for all of us. If you don't want the paper, throw it away, don't burden the postal system with it just for the satisfaction.

Cymro. 15:56 20 Sep 07

don't burden the postal system with it just for the satisfaction.

It could be argued that our hard pressed postal service can do with all the business it can get.

Pine Man 16:27 20 Sep 07

'If you don't want the paper, throw it away,'

Surely you mean recycle it!

Bad afternoon?

Clapton is God 16:30 20 Sep 07

Or sign up here click here

Forum Editor 17:24 20 Sep 07

Root canal - don't go there.

pj123 17:46 20 Sep 07

FE, sorry I didn't think I was burdening the Postal system. Why am I making it worse for all of us?

I thought I was causing the sender to pay the reply postage for junk, which can only be good for Royal Mail.

Pine Man 18:17 20 Sep 07

Been there - you have my sympathies.

Forum Editor 18:26 20 Sep 07

I can see your point, I suppose, but it seems to me that sending back junkmail is rather pointless.

It reminds me of the people who think it's clever to tie up the line when they get cold called on the phone, or blow whistles down the line. Surely there's more to life than getting your own back in this way?

Perhaps I'm just being silly, and it's really a great idea to make junk-mailers pay, but I think I'll stick to binning/recycling the stuff.

laurie53 20:54 20 Sep 07

Slightly off thread, but a good way way to get rid of a cold caller trying to sell you something is to tell them that you'll have to check with your probation officer. Works every time.

I once knew a woman who, if someone started coming on a bit heavy, always used to say that the clinic had advised her to be careful 'til the results of her tests were back.

She used to swear by it!

mrwoowoo 23:29 20 Sep 07

Reading another post,perhaps you should get a large finger nipping dog.(O:!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos