I'm broke/skint/moneyless...

Bingalau 21:20 09 Apr 10

Anybody know the winner of tomorrow's Grand National? Only joking but wonder if anbody has any good tips?

Brumas 21:23 09 Apr 10

Aye, don't bet on the gee-gees - you never see a poor/broke/skint/moneyless bookie ;o)

john bunyan 21:27 09 Apr 10

Good tip : Always warm the pot before making tea.

Bingalau 21:34 09 Apr 10

As a matter of fact I have never made a bet in my life, but I usually pick out a horse in the local shop's sweep stake. My tip is usually, always look both ways before you cross the road. Even in a one way street... I guess that makes me a pessimist, or as my wife used to say "A pessimistic character with a crab apple face"

Forum Editor 22:13 09 Apr 10

not even in jest.

DieSse 23:12 09 Apr 10

" ...anbody has any good tips?"

I predict a horse will win it - probably with a male rider.

carver 23:31 09 Apr 10

Sorry but no sexist comments please, you should have said it may be a horse of unspecified gender, with a rider who may be either male or female or a combination of the two.

lotvic 23:35 09 Apr 10

Always use your free bus pass and chuckle to yourself when the schoolkids have to pay.

I think we got the best deal there as when I was at school I had a free bus pass - and now I've got another one :D

tullie 04:56 10 Apr 10

Me too,problem is,there arent any buses.

Kevscar1 07:18 10 Apr 10

I can say with a 100% degree of accuracy that it will be the first one past the post.

wiz-king 08:13 10 Apr 10

Not if a riderless horse crosses the line first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…