I'm amazed that there doesn't seem..

Stuartli 22:30 10 Sep 08

..to be any messages of congratulations to the England team for a remarkable victory over Croatia.

Apart from being the first time the Croats have lost a competitive match in Zagreb for 14 years, I must confess that I very much doubted that England would even manage to snatch a draw.

Great night too for Theo Walcot, who has steadily enhanced his reputation as an exciting prospect whilst remaining a very pleasant and level-headed young man.

Joe R 23:09 10 Sep 08

Stuartli,

from what I saw of the match, (in between Scotland game) England played their best match, for a long number of years.

Full agreement about Theo Walcott, definitely an exciting prospect.

Bapou 23:18 10 Sep 08

Setanta have decided to show highlights on freeview at approx 11.45pm

click here

Bapou 23:22 10 Sep 08
  TopCat® 23:37 10 Sep 08

that Croatian manager eat his pre-match words. What I'm not pleased about is the way televised live sport is 'doing the rounds' between the major broadcasters.

I like many others have a Sky Sports channel subscription which has now risen to £48 per month. Sports was taken on mainly for my wife who is a very keen Arsenal fan. Now Sky has lost just about all the televised live football going and Setanta is busy signing up every English club it can. To watch them now will cost a further £15 p.m. plus a one off setup fee and we are not prepared to pay that at the moment.

June/July of next year my area is going fully digital so we are looking to bin Sky very shortly, take on Freesat and then maybe take out a Setanta subscription. It will have to be just highlights of matches seen until then. TC.

TopCat® 23:42 10 Sep 08

My wife will now be able to see Arsenal's Theo Walcott do his stuff! She's watching it now! TC.

egapup 09:57 11 Sep 08

LOL....The England football team......LOL

birdface 10:06 11 Sep 08

I agree with you.I could not see England winning this game.like you I thought that they would be lucky to even get a draw.What a turn around from their last game.Well done England.

Stuartli 10:23 11 Sep 08

Setanta is quite within its rights to seek to sign up as many big events as it can - it is, after all, a commercial organisation.

Remember that very much the same thing as you are saying now was the norm when Sky took over from the BBC...:-)

Incidentally, one of the key reasons I became one of the first batch of ONDigital subscribers back in 1998 (later ITVDigital and now Freeview) was because it regularly showed Champions League matches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017