illegal passport factories

royalflush 10:28 22 Mar 07

Isnt it amazing a day or so after it was announced that 10.000 dodgy passport applications where issued there is now dawn raids,why is this looking like a huge coincidence....to put faith in the public.....

click here

spuds 11:38 22 Mar 07

Illegal passport factories is nothing new, been evident since identification started to become the norm.

There was a documentary recently on television, were the reporter was able to purchase forged documents and passports from most of the EU countries.They are all at it ;o(

The Brigadier 12:15 22 Mar 07

Passports, ID Papers, Drugs & Weapons all easily found if you look in the right place.
Sadly it seems it's all part of daily life in the UK!

jack 12:18 22 Mar 07

Co-incidence or not I wonder, but the proliferation of forgery activities has grown since the introduction of the EU style flimsy booklet and the privatization of the service
Or is it my imagination

Kate B 12:32 22 Mar 07

The flimsy booklet is harder to forge, actually, so I suspect it's your imagination, jack, though it would be interesting to see some hard figures.

johndrew 14:14 22 Mar 07

`The flimsy booklet is harder to forge ..`

Demonstrably not hard enough.

One of the problems being that UK passports are prized `currency` you would think that they would be more `state of the art` than they are. Microchips are little protection (as demonstrated by the Daily Mail) and the materials are, apparently, easily copied. It is difficult to make such things tamperproof, but a database of all British passports - and foreign used to access this country - held at ports and checked at each usage would be a deterrent. That way British passports not recognised could be scrutnised better and the user detained, stolen passports could also be picked up easier as could any that had been illegally modified. Foreign passport holders could be identified for frequency of entry/exit and overstay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…