The (ig)Nobel prize

WhiteTruckMan 23:30 06 Oct 06

click here

Seriously funny, or funnily serious. You decide.

WTM

btw: I hope never to remember the cure for hiccups.

IClaudio 23:43 06 Oct 06

Seriously unfunny, I'd say...

GaT7 23:55 06 Oct 06

The list of winners since 1991 can be seen at click here.

The device that repels teenagers (winner of the 2006 awards) - are they going to be mass-produced do you think? The last time I checked they were a tad expensive at £622 click here, though some may consider that a steal. G

ade.h 00:06 07 Oct 06

A small price to pay, Crossbow!

I was wondering how on earth "...a finger up the rectum cures hiccups..." and how easy it was to find willing participants with hiccups.

WhiteTruckMan 00:08 07 Oct 06

more to the point (no pun intended!) who came up with the idea in the first place? and how?

WTM

Totally-braindead 00:30 07 Oct 06

I saw it getting tested on the gadget show on channel 5. For places where the kids congregate and vandalise stuff it might well be a small price to pay.

lisa02 06:53 07 Oct 06

Maybe the fright of the finger scares them enough to stop hiccuping.

Mr Mistoffelees 08:31 07 Oct 06

My doctor had to perform a rectal examination on me once. That was enough of fingers up the bum!

knockin on 11:09 07 Oct 06

You see yourself as the therapist...a wise choice, up to a point. I'm wonder(hic)ing how the patient might feel(hic). Sounds like the cure is worse than the (hic)disease.

Cymro. 11:32 07 Oct 06

I thought I had read somewhere that the device to repel noisy teenagers was not allowed in some places as it infringed their human rights or some such.
Rather typical of the age we live in, if true.

Belatucadrus 13:05 07 Oct 06

Another teen repelant I read about somewhere was Barry Manilow played over the PA system, apparently no self respecting hoodie would hang around when Copa Cabana comes on, kills the street cred.
Though to be honest it'd have the sam affect on me and I'm way beyond teen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5