If you could change the laws of the land

spuds 12:10 10 Dec 08

what would you choose to change or improve and why!.

Publicans complained about cheap imports and supermarkets, that were/are ruining their businesses. Now it the Non-Smoking law which they say is killing the industry, and they want it changed.

Then we have the 'drinking all hours' which some people cherish, yet others say its a sin, and takes up far to many legal and lawful resources.

We have laws regarding the role of Watchdogs, yet there seems to be many points missed via incompetence or misunderstandings of the actual law in force, and what the remits of these Watchdogs actually are.

The list goes on, and in some cases the list, suggestions and complaints appears to lack refinements and true inputs and involvement. Do you agree?.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:39 10 Dec 08

We only need 10!

but I can't post them due to forum rules :0)

and If you can't remember what they are then try googling for Moses.

Clapton is God 12:48 10 Dec 08

I would introduce a law which prevented members from repeating a topic on this Forum which had been aired before click here

The Brigadier 13:00 10 Dec 08

Rule 1 my Wife is always right.
Rule 2 if my Wife is wrong, then rule 1 applies!
So you only need 2!!

spuds 13:08 10 Dec 08

I note the link states "If you can make one law". Mine seems to suggest more than one, and perhaps of extended material ;o)

Quite agree about repeats though.

NB: Allowances for senior age and forgetfulness accepted ;o)

Clapton is God 13:13 10 Dec 08

"I note the link states "If you can make one law". Mine seems to suggest more than one, and perhaps of extended material"

'Splitting' and 'hairs' springs to mind. ;-))

Pineman100 17:26 10 Dec 08

It's deja vu all over again.

lofty29 17:36 10 Dec 08

click here
Could this be defined as a law

wellshgit 19:56 10 Dec 08

I liked that bit "we always hold hands, if I let go she shops". I now how he feels :0)

laurie53 20:56 10 Dec 08

What would I wish to change and why?

With a 4,500 character limit?

Get real!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…