If Yorkshire Was A Country

Quickbeam 07 Aug 12

It seems that we'd be tenth in the medal table right now...

Not bad:)

spuds 07 Aug 12

What cricket or darts ;o)

johndrew 07 Aug 12

Or looking for independence?? ;-)

Bing.alau 07 Aug 12

They would still be second to Lancashire!!!! They would also need a lot of interpreters.

Mr Mistoffelees 07 Aug 12

"If Yorkshire Was A Country"

Ecky thump would be their national sport.

Quickbeam 07 Aug 12

It surely proves that we're God's favourite county;)

spuds 07 Aug 12

Red and White roses spring to mind about favourite county.

I'll get my coat :O)

Bing.alau 07 Aug 12

If we are going to have a county medal count, maybe we should go by population/percentages.

I think it is a good idea to promote county rivalry in sports. Competition may be a good way of upping the ante prior to the next Olympic games.

Has anyone done a survey of medals won by counties so far, or is it just some keen Yorkshire person doing it for their own satisfaction?

I reckon Merseyside (used to be part of Lancashire) is doing pretty well but I am not keen enough to start doing a count.

Then of course we have the counties in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They seem to be doing o.k. too.

Just thought on... If Merseyside were still counted as Lancashire, maybe Yorkshire would be way back....

Brumas 07 Aug 12

Quickbeam, Never mind a country, I am declaring autonomy for the East Riding ;o}

Quickbeam 07 Aug 12

...and the Independent State of Yorkshire wins again in the triathlon!

Quickbeam 07 Aug 12

"...is it just some keen Yorkshire person doing it for their own satisfaction?"

Of course:)

"maybe we should go by population/percentages"

If it's done that way, we'll be No1 in the medals table!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message