If only I had done that?

spuds 12:39 02 Sep 13
Answered

I am sure that there are many forum members out there, who have at one or more stages of the lives. Have had the "If only I had done that?" moment in time. Would you like to share that moment?.

From my own 'moments' of a working life, there have been a number of good and bad times, in the main more very good than bad, and those memories will stay with me forever. Long term friendships have also been made, which on leaving school, I would not have thought in the slightest way would have ever been possible or would have actually happened. But they did?.

Sadness as also been a part in my life, and everyone goes through that session of ageing experience from childhood to seniorship. Sadness comes in all shapes and manners, as does enjoyment. With sadness, its usually a case of being told to 'move on'. But with enjoyment, 'move on' is usually a thing that doesn't happen, because you want to retain those moments of enjoyment and satisfaction, even though they might be years old.

Some have lost fortunes and possibly gained fortunes in wealth and health and personal outcomes. You may well wonder why you have been 'singled out' for what you have received or are receiving at this very moment?.

So would you care to perhaps share those little moments, that you think others might find interesting?.

wiz-king 15:28 02 Sep 13

Many years ago I was trying to walk down our local high-street during the winter, getting my ankles spiked by shopping baskets and my head battered by brollys. I saw an older man who was also suffering the same way turn round and grab the offending shopping basket that had just stabbed him and then he hurled it across the road into a bomb-site just missing a car.

I have often thought 'I wish I'd done that'.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:20 02 Sep 13

If only I had done that?

Was talking about school days to a friend my age and she said she would have worked harder if she could go back.

I replied "life might have been different but who knows if it would have been better or worse?"

bumpkin 19:48 02 Sep 13

"If only I had done that?" I have thought that on many occasions but looking back very glad I didn't in a lot of instances.

morddwyd 20:49 02 Sep 13

Non, Je ne regrette rien

Life is for living not regretting.

Look forward not back.

(And there was the FE thinking I was a glass half empty person!)

bumpkin 22:15 02 Sep 13

If only I hadn't done that also springs to mind. Half empty then top it up no need if half full.

Aitchbee 22:23 02 Sep 13
Answer

... there's an old [Glasgow] proverb, which says:-

Whit's fur ye ... will no' go bye ye.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac