If only...

onionskin 13:48 22 Jan 10

They're saying there might be a hung parliament after the next election.

Quickbeam 13:51 22 Jan 10

Hangin's too good...

interzone55 15:07 22 Jan 10

The Observer had a piece the other week with various "experts" giving their opinions on the forthcoming election and the results ranged from narrow Tory win to narrow labour win, few had a hung parliament, which would be a disaster to be honest and lead to another election in a year or so...

KremmenUK 15:21 22 Jan 10

Where do they get their info? No one has ever asked me how I intend to vote. Not that I would tell them.

onionskin 15:28 22 Jan 10

OTT_B 15:36 22 Jan 10

I think it was Peter Mandelson who was saying several momths ago that a hung parliament was on the cards.

But it's early days. I don't doubt that the budget will be an 'election' budget, smear campaigns will start to emerge and that i'll read about all of it and get annoyed.

Nevermind.

Quickbeam 18:56 22 Jan 10

Negative campaigning is a sure fire way to drive me into the non-voting wilderness for another 10 years.

bremner 19:20 22 Jan 10

"...Mandelson who was saying several momths [sic] ago that a hung parliament was on the cards."

In that case it must be true because he would only tell the truth.

morddwyd 21:28 22 Jan 10

"a hung parliament, which would be a disaster to be honest and lead to another election in a year or so..."

Why?

Minority and coalition governments have worked in the past, long term.

They have also failed, but it is by no means inevitable.

Some believe they can be a good thing, making sure that the extremists in any party are kept in check.

If they didn't have a hung parliament in Scotland they might be heading for independence by now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…