IE7 - Standards Test

dth 16:17 12 Dec 05

Has anyone tested IE7 against this standards test?

click here

Just curious to see how well it does.

PurplePenny 18:32 12 Dec 05

The IE 7 developers have already said that it will not pass the Acid Test 2; but Firefox and Opera don't pass it either.

I'm just very grateful that the development team decided to take on the HTML & CSS issues; the stated reason for the early development of IE7 was security so they could have left standards support till a later release.

Forum Editor 19:21 12 Dec 05

as part of my beta testing of Windows Vista, and I'm hoping to see some changes when I get the next beta version.

PurplePenny 19:37 12 Dec 05

I shan't ask: I already know that even the threat of unimaginable horrors will not loosen your tongue. I'd offer to bribe you but I can't afford Le Manoir.

ade.h 19:59 12 Dec 05

Regarding Vista; when MS eventually releases you and the other Beta1 testers from your contractual shackles, will you let us know your thoughts on the new OS?

As a regular early adopter of new MS OSs, I'd love to read some expert assessments in the next few months.

DieSse 23:19 12 Dec 05

Opera has almost passed - Safari has passed (but the version that passed is not released yet) - iCab (for Mac - at public Beta stage) - and Konqueror (open source). Firefox close behind. click here

Konqueror and Safari are both based on on KHTML page rendering.

Open Source software out in front here, methinks.

PurplePenny 23:51 12 Dec 05

According to WaSP the release of Mac OS X 10.4.3 on October 31st made Safari RSS (version 2.0.2/416.12) officially the first public release, non-beta, non-preview browser to pass the test.

Forum Editor 00:41 13 Dec 05

If only I could.

I think that Vista will give up its secrets before too long, and that will include IE 7 of course.

Now MS Office 12, there's a Non Disclosure Agreement of ever I saw one. I'm into my second week of serious testing on that now, and I must say........but then I mustn't, or they'll do something terrible to me, like take away my First Resource beta tester's rugby shirt, and I wear that around the house all the time.

DieSse 00:57 13 Dec 05

Yup - quite correct - it's not the easiest it on info to spot n the WaSP site - and I missed it (I plead old age only) :-))

dth 09:10 13 Dec 05

Thanks for the posting. Intereting as usual.

Chegs ®™ 09:20 13 Dec 05

Konqueror my well have passed a test,but the governments Job Centre site still won't display in it,you do get a nice popup advising that you use Internet Explorer though. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…