IE 9

Condom 01:54 16 Mar 11

Well I waited until the final release before trying it. Must say I am impressed with the speed it downloaded especially as half the world was probably trying to download it at the same time. It installed quickly and appears to run faster. Not sure about the new look but I suppose I will get used to it and if not I believe tou can still set it up to look like the previous version. Surprised to see no other comments about it but perhaps I'm in the wrong place. Wouldn't be the first time.

birdface 07:58 16 Mar 11

No search bar on it which put me off.
I know you can use the address bar but just not the same.

Pine Man 08:08 16 Mar 11

I agree and Firefox 4 is faster anyway!

WhiteTruckMan 08:49 16 Mar 11

(which it doesn't) then thats a not insignificant amount of users that they have barred from using their product.

I'm an XP user, and if they don't want me to use their software until I fork out for a new OS (and new hardware to run it on, plus any new peripherals that will need replacing due to lack of drivers, plus all the hassle involved with upgrading, reinstalling software etc etc) then if I were them I wouldn't hold my breath.

WTM

QuizMan 09:35 16 Mar 11

Seems very slow to open the initial browsing window, but quicker than IE8 thereafter.

jakimo 11:40 16 Mar 11

found it slow and not all that user friendly so returned to IE8

finerty 11:41 16 Mar 11

I totally agree with you White Truckman

Woolwell 12:24 16 Mar 11

I quit like it and find, as Opera is, that it is faster on this site than Firefox. Draw back is the lack of an inbuilt spell checker.

birdface 12:32 16 Mar 11

Does iespell check not work on it.
it works with IE8 W/7.

Woolwell 12:42 16 Mar 11

But it is not inbuilt and had to be downloaded. IESpell doesn't underline as you go. Speckie is supposed to do but I cannot get it to work.

gengiscant 12:50 16 Mar 11

Google search bar works with IE9 for those who want it.
IEspell works fine with IE9 for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…