Identifiction Longshot/Talking Point Number 81

Brumas 21:02 23 May 08

Good Evening All.
click here
A rather quiet view of a river or canal on the outskirts of town. English Brothers is the signage on the second building to the left and that is the only clues we have because it has not been posted.

laurie53 21:08 23 May 08

Looks like the Midlands, specifically the canal complex around Brum.

Legolas 21:18 23 May 08

click here

I think it is Wisbech on the river nene according to google english brothers had a Timber company there. English brothers is the ame on the building in the picture.

Coffee Adict 21:18 23 May 08

Think it might be the port at Wisbech, only can't find right view yet.

Joe R 21:19 23 May 08

Brumas, there is still an English brothers in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.

Bingalau 21:21 23 May 08

Good Evening Brumas. I didn't realise it was as late as that when I saw your posting appear. I shall now stare in frustration at your postcard puzzle. .... Are there a couple of park type rowing boats in the left side of the picture? Just by the ramp. The larger building looks like a warehouse of some sort. Not a lot of clues in this one is there? That's me off to make the coffee now as the kettle has just boiled.

Bingalau 21:24 23 May 08

Brumas. Maybe no.82 will be easier?

Legolas 21:30 23 May 08

Like coffe addict I can't find the definitive picture but I am pretty certain it is a view of the river nene as it passes through Wisbech and past the Engish Brothers Timber yard

Brumas 21:45 23 May 08

I tend to agree, it does look like it is Wisbech, let's hope we can find a more defining image?

Woolwell 22:27 23 May 08

English Brothers website has some old photos but unfortunately they don't help as they don't match.

Bingalau 22:32 23 May 08

How about trying to get it on Google Earth? Some of their areas are quite old now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…