Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 74

Brumas 20:57 18 Apr 08

click here
A bustling market scene with quite a distinctive small market ‘office’ building towards the right hand edge of the stalls.
The back offers no clues as it was taken abroad and posted in the Netherlands!
click here

John B 21:14 18 Apr 08

Amsterdam?

csqwared 21:40 18 Apr 08

I have found two references to the Milton Sellwell Series postcards one here click here and one here click here
but can't locate series no. 222.....yet. Both these references are in England by the way.

Bingalau 21:41 18 Apr 08

Brumas. Not many takers tonight so far.. I've just got in after doing a bit of taxi'ing relatives etc. The only thing that strikes me is the colours of the picture look as if they have been added later. They are a bit wishy washy too. I wondered if the postmark was part of the word Stavanger, but I think that is in Norway.

On the back of the card there seems to be what appears to be the price which has been rubbed out. It looks remarkably like a Euro sign with a small capital K after it. That might be a figure 2 though. So maybe it cost two Euro's to buy. Stavanger was European city of culture recently I wonder if you bought it there.

Anyway I knew you would be disappointed if I didn't add my useless twopennorth as usual.

Al94 21:41 18 Apr 08

It isn't a Dutch scene

Noels 22:08 18 Apr 08

There must be many old markets that look like this scene. However I wonder if it could be somewhere like Kings Lynn. In the far left hand corner there is a market cross or monument and behind that another distinctive buildng both with chequered stonework similar to that of buildings in Kings Lynn. Just a thought
Regards
Noels

Al94 22:16 18 Apr 08

Posted in Ter Apel, Groningen, delivered Warffum, next day.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:17 18 Apr 08

Kings Lynn market place click here

Not so sure.

Brumas 22:19 18 Apr 08

That rather imposing red-brick building, four along from the left, is quite distinctive and looks like the Town Hall.
I think I agree with Noels on this, so if only we can identify the East Anglian town we have cracked it!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:20 18 Apr 08

Norwich?

click here

Brumas 22:22 18 Apr 08

I had checked the town halls and, unfortunately, they do not match.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…