Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 71

Brumas 21:07 28 Mar 08

click here

click here

Unusual single storey chapel with two fine, albeit grim looking ministers posing rather self-consciously outside. Looks like a Northern scene to me, don’t ask me why.

Unposted with the, as usual standard template on the back and nothing else, no date or message or anything!!

rdave13 21:17 28 Mar 08

Roof looks unusual for UK.

bluto1 21:24 28 Mar 08

Perhaps it's on one of the islands, maybe Orkney or Shetland

rdave13 21:26 28 Mar 08

Could be with a temporary canvas roof.

Bingalau 21:34 28 Mar 08

Looks like a Scottish place to me. Very clean when you lighten up the picture a bit. I think our resident sleuth will be googling for St. Thomas's Churches all over the U.K. by now. Probably also for the names. Nice lampost in the background again. Nice roses too. But those reverend gentlemen look Scottish too. Dour; tough and uncompromising. Probably just going out to round up the parishioners for the service.

bluto1 21:52 28 Mar 08

I can't see the whips.

Woolwell 22:07 28 Mar 08

I think that the poster says Canon Downham. According to Google Canon Downham was the rural dean of Accrington.

Bingalau 22:09 28 Mar 08

How about the other Revs.? Rev. Canon Dewnham and Rev J.R. Goodall? any sign of them.

Macscouse 22:10 28 Mar 08

It looks like a new build, the roof is not yet tiled, and the ground,apart from a few newly planted rose bushes, is not complete. I thought at first that it might be a Wee Free Church, but very few of them are named after saints. Looking at the large building in the right background, I think that it may be at the edge of a fair sized town. Perhaps a Mormon church.

Bingalau 22:15 28 Mar 08

Just realised that it doesn't look very accessible from the road if that's the front/main entrance. How will the parishioners get in to the car park?

Roof looks like sheet lead. Probably been well nicked by now if it's any where in the Manchester area.

Brumas 22:22 28 Mar 08

Is it me or does the border of stones, just behind the fence,look like a row of truncated grave stones?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…