Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 69

Brumas 20:54 21 Mar 08

I cannot stand football; I am a Rugby League fan myself – Up the Robins!
This team may be an amateur team so identification would, I should imagine, be impossible – but we like impossible here on a Friday night – don’t we ;o))

click here
click here
click here
This was posted to a Miss R P Malzard? to an address in France from her brother Don.
For those who, like myself, do not like football I shall post another puzzle as well.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:56 21 Mar 08

Seems to be a player missing or is he the one taking the photo?

csqwared 21:03 21 Mar 08

I count eleven - or do you play a different version? :-))

Bingalau 21:12 21 Mar 08

Looks like a Scottish team to me for some reason so I will have a guess at Rangers.

Legolas 21:19 21 Mar 08

it certainly looks like a lion rampant on the badge. I am loving the moustache it looks like Hercule Poirot

bluto1 21:42 21 Mar 08

I think your lion is a horse. Look at the tail.
I first thought it was Invicta, the horse rampant of Kent, holding a banner.

Bingalau 22:02 21 Mar 08

Just had a look at that football, Did we actually head those things. No wonder my head is aching still.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:15 21 Mar 08

What no sub?

Bingalau 22:19 21 Mar 08

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Now you are showing how young you are. We never used to be allowed subs in the good old days, if a player got injured enough to go off that was it, they had to play on with the remainder. I have a vague recollection of it happening in a cup final too.

Macscouse 22:45 21 Mar 08

We used to call the ball "the casey" if I remember correctly. You could always tell a centre forward-he had no neck, and scars on his forehead where the lace had caught him.

Macscouse 22:49 21 Mar 08

It may be an Army team, I think that is the old Southern Command badge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac