Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 67

Brumas 21:58 29 Feb 08

click here

As I will not be posting one next week I thought, as you have cracked two in record time, it only fair to post a final third one.

A fine looking warship flying the good old white ensign. The card was published by Gieves Ltd and that’s all info we have!

Bingalau 22:16 29 Feb 08

HMS Rodney?

Bingalau 22:17 29 Feb 08

HMS Nelson? HMS Renown?

MAT ALAN 22:20 29 Feb 08

click here

Bingalau, i'm in awe, unless of course you know a little more....

Mike D 22:21 29 Feb 08

It's Rodney or Nelson. Both were built to a strange design to meet the requirements of a treaty signed sometime between the two world wars. I think that they were truncated from an original design that would have put them way over the maximum allowable size.

Kev.Ifty 22:21 29 Feb 08

There are more pics of boats than a man could shake any kind of stick at here...

click here

See if you can spot Brumas' cause I'm lost ;-)

Bingalau 22:24 29 Feb 08

I've lightened it up to try to see the ships number. No such luck as that Brumas has probably deleted it. One of the ex-matelots will identify this in no time... I'm just guessing at the names of the old time ships and hoping one of them is correct. I could go on but will have to start singing all the old sailors songs in my head. The matelots will know which song those three names come from.

click here

Kev.Ifty 22:27 29 Feb 08

Just as a help (I had no idea) found this

click here

Cheers

Kemistri 22:29 29 Feb 08

While I was spending my time perusing the images at click here, and discovering that it's a Nelson class, I see that I have been beaten to it! click here

Acx 22:42 29 Feb 08

HMS Nelson click here from that indentation in the side just under the turret.

HMS Rodney click here doesnt seem to have it.

Bingalau 22:53 29 Feb 08

I actually remember seeing these ships in the flesh as it were. But the memory isn't good enough to distinguish between them..

My first ship was HMS Vanguard, I was victualled on board it for 24 hours in 1947. Never left the quayside though, which is just as well as I would have been sea sick. I liken myself to Lord Nelson himself. Both he and I were always seasick for the first day at sea. After that we were fine (no Brumas... It wasn't the same era).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac