Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 63

Brumas 22:24 15 Feb 08

Right, I still have a fair sized pile of genuinely unidentified postcards left but I thought I would just heed rdave13 for the moment and try out what will happen when I start using postcards with the title or identity obscured.

In order for me to be able to give clues I have devised a system which should be able to be followed quite easily (he hopes).

I have in front of me a map of Great Britain and Ireland which would fit easily into a 8 ½ x 8 ½ inch diamond shape.
Using the Isle of Man as the centre I have drawn a clock face so Scarborough sits at 3 o’clock, Plymouth at 6 o’clock, Achill Island sits at 9 o’clock and Durness sits just east of 12 o’clock all of this approx. and NOT to scale!

I will give clues in the form of ‘it lies at 4 o’clock’ or ‘it is between 5 and 6 o’clock’ etc. if they are needed of course ;o)

Do we all understand????

If so click here

This is at 4 o’clock – easy isn’t it :o))

Bingalau 22:26 15 Feb 08

Looks like Portsmoth harbour to me...

Brumas 22:27 15 Feb 08

I do hope you all have your Blue Peter badges and, as I write, are busily replicating my Geographical Clock onto a map of your own for future puzzlement ;o) ??

Brumas 22:29 15 Feb 08

I wouldn't ask you the time - that's at 5 o'clock!!

Bingalau 22:35 15 Feb 08

Maybe you could change the clock to a 24 hour one and then I might know what you are talking about. Anyway what's an hour between friends?

Bingalau 22:36 15 Feb 08

Can I have another guess then at Dartford?

bluto1 22:36 15 Feb 08

That's why I thought it was Bristol

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:37 15 Feb 08

Parkeston Quay?

rdave13 22:37 15 Feb 08

The Wash somewhewre?

Bingalau 22:38 15 Feb 08

God! I have just realised that's nearer 6 o.clock. Can I start again tomorrow morning when this rum has worn off?

Bingalau 22:40 15 Feb 08

Can I have another go before I retire completely.. How about Chatham dockyard in the 18.00's (No not 18.00 hours...)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5