Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 59

Brumas 22:08 01 Feb 08

click here

Looks like a war memorial near a crossroads by a pub. Posted at Woolwich 09.45am 3rd May 1950 to an address in Sunderland, no clue in the message written on a standard back template.Published by J Salmon Ltd, Sevenoaks.

Magnification of the pub and signage unfortunately doesn’t reveal anything legible

Bingalau 22:22 01 Feb 08

Brumas. Late tonight are we not? I was just going to retire for the night. Now I will have a quick shuffti to see how little I know about this one as usual..

octal 22:25 01 Feb 08

It looks like a first world war soldier on the plinth, but what are those for poles or masts? The one to the right of the pub looks to be about 50 or 60 feet tall and they look too thin to be telegraph or flag poles.

octal 22:26 01 Feb 08

for = four poles, sorry.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:35 01 Feb 08

click here

Asumming First world war 37373 memorials

Bingalau 22:37 01 Feb 08

Blimey. Signpost and Road Sign and signs galore on what looks like a village shop cum post office etc., but none of them readable. I've fiddled about with it in photoshop, but am none the wiser.

Nice looking village though. Where's the duck pond? Anyway I am orf to bed... Let's hope WTM has driven through there and recognises it straight away, then you will have to do another one of course.

Bingalau 22:41 01 Feb 08

Flag poles. Britain was more patriotic pre war, hence the fact there is more than one. Like you I assume this was taken between the two wars.

bluto1 22:55 01 Feb 08

Send this picture to The Bill and ask PC Reg Hollis to identify the cyclist. It's the only chance we've got.

Brumas 22:59 01 Feb 08

Guilty as charged! Had to pick up No1 son from Berwick railway station, he is visiting us for 4 or 5 days, and the the weather/snow was pretty bad, consequently I allowed myself a lot more time to complete the journey.

Brumas 23:00 01 Feb 08

LOL

Earthsea 23:24 01 Feb 08

Looks a bit like click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…