Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 53

Brumas 21:09 04 Jan 08

click here

An aerial view of a fair sized town published by Darter’s College and Stationery Depot. No other clues as again this is an un-posted postcard with the, as usual standard template on the back. There is a small logo of a First World War British biplane between POST and CARD at the top of the reverse side.

Bingalau 21:21 04 Jan 08

Brumas! My first thought was "It looks like Edinburgh". But where ever it is I am sure that castellated building near the top left of the picture, will prove of some use as it is probably still there. One of our much travelled readers will spot it in no time.

Bingalau 21:45 04 Jan 08

Brumas. I have had a go at lightening up the picture, Don't know if it will help. Certainly doesn't help me.... Anyway hope it comes out as I am still unsure of what I am doing with this photobucket lark. click here

Brumas 22:00 04 Jan 08

It does help - I think you did pretty well considering your mind must be elsewhere.

But where the heck is it? The town,not your mind ;o)

Bingalau 22:05 04 Jan 08

I'm off for an evening cuppa and then to bed, it seems to have been a long day.... Come tomorrow morning someone will have recognised it.

WhiteTruckMan 22:07 04 Jan 08

looks like it could be a church of some kind.

WTM

Brumas 22:14 04 Jan 08

And here's me thinking it could be your hat stand ;o)

WhiteTruckMan 22:22 04 Jan 08

I rent it out at weekends to some nice people in funny clothes and even funnier hats

WTM

amonra 22:23 04 Jan 08

Looks very continental, pre war Holland, or northern France ? not enough detail to be sure. Are those tram lines in the bottom right ?

Coffee Adict 22:26 04 Jan 08

The building in the far bottom right may have writing on it but haven't managed to get a clear image yet.

bluto1 22:32 04 Jan 08

Does the Postcard show where it was printed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced