Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 47

Brumas 23:18 07 Dec 07

click here

Pick the bones out of this you blighters :o))

The sign reads
JT Fairbrass
Grocer & Butcher
Trade and Parties catered for
Mineral Water
Licenced to sell Tobacco.

Unposted with the, as usual standard template on the back and nothing else, no date or writing or anything!!

lotvic 00:51 08 Dec 07

I think it is in Wales

Coffee Adict 06:55 08 Dec 07

Doing a quick search on Ancestry reveals the name Fairbrass to be most common in the Kent/Middlesex area if thats any help and not cheating.

Brumas 09:13 08 Dec 07

There's no rules here - we try to win by fair means or foul ;o) anyhow that's not cheating, that is called 'using your loaf'!!

Brumas 09:15 08 Dec 07

Is that because the Welsh are on a roll after the triumph in the last one or is it just a 'gut feeling' ?

Bingalau 10:50 08 Dec 07

Funny looking sidewall compared to the rest of the brickwork isn't it? Looks like a small village shop somewhere, I will guess somewhere in Yorkshire.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:32 08 Dec 07

Right Said Fred's great grandad?

The group was formed by brothers and Sussex-natives Richard and Fred Fairbrass

Chris the Ancient 11:57 08 Dec 07

I reckon that the side wall (under all that vegetation) is actually slates.

The habit of slating a side wall I have seen in a few places in Hampshire - on the South Downs bits.

Now, methinks!

One could come with a really preposterous answer to this picture... and it would be difficult to prove otherwise. Until somebody finds the exact shop!

Chris the Ancient 12:03 08 Dec 07

If anyone is a member of military-genealogy.com click here might provide a guide. Or maybe not.

Woolwell 12:12 08 Dec 07

Thanks to Chris the Ancient's prompting I had a look through ancestry.co.uk and could not find a J T Fairbrass in the 1901 census. Almost all of the Fairbrass's that I foudn where in Kent or Hampshire.
I'll keep looking.

Woolwell 12:16 08 Dec 07

I have found a John T Fairbrass born in about 1890 in Thanet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…