Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 46

Brumas 21:58 07 Dec 07

A plain backed unposted postcard with a standard correspondence/address template published by Photochrom Co.Ltd. London & Tunbridge Wells.

click here

Lots going on in a fair sized town - but where?

ayrmail 22:10 07 Dec 07

Empire theater but that could be many places?

SANTOS7 22:15 07 Dec 07

QUEEN ST. CARDIFF purely because it has a "principality" building society...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:19 07 Dec 07

Cardif Queen str. 1902 click here

Main Access 22:25 07 Dec 07

empire theater cardiff

click here

Queens street Cardiff

click here

Brumas 22:27 07 Dec 07

There seems to be a certain similarity in the styles of the buildings. Can anyone else throw any light on it? If this is solved tonight I will go and sulk , aided and abetted with a bottle of Adnams Broadsides kept suitably chilled for such an emergency :o))

Brumas 22:31 07 Dec 07

What an interesting site that second link is - I do like the way they have managed to do the 'before and after' scenes.

Bingalau 22:32 07 Dec 07

Brumas. I think you put that Poole one on because you knew I was occupied elsewhere. Having spent many happy years in Poole I would have spotted it straight away. This one is beyond me as usual. Why didn't I click on sooner? I am off down to Poole in a couple of weeks so will make sure nobody has moved it.

Main Access 22:37 07 Dec 07

looking at click here

The theater appears to have been rebuilt taking the shop closer to us, however the building on the right of the theater has the same blind, and has the same number of floors. Also on the roof it has 5 balls.
The lamp posts for the tram wires look the same design as well (apart from the lamps on top)

v1asco 22:47 07 Dec 07

I finally recognised one!

It is really Queen St Cardiff, the Principality is still next to Lloyds click here

The Empire Theatre was turned into the ABC with Top Rank Club underneath. Now its Primark or similar.

The thing that is causing some doubt is next to Lloyds is one the Famous Cardiff Arcades now, not to obvious on the photo but about same place as Burtons entrance.

The Pricipality has been there since 1916 click here

Honestly Folks, I opened the photo before seeing the above threads and I will be so chuffed if it can all be confirmed as Cardiff.

Go on, Make my Day!

Taffy

Brumas 23:07 07 Dec 07

Typed with a heavy heart, through a barrage of soft sobbing and muttering 'infamy,infamy they've all got it infamy' I admit defeat and shall fall on my sward which is a lot less painful and not so fatal as falling on one's sword ;o))

SANTOS7 - well done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017