Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 39

Brumas 21:27 02 Nov 07

Still smarting over my 10 minute thrashing I offer this coastal view of a small town under a sky which seems to be heralding stormy weather.

click here

It was posted to an American address but all one can decipher of the postmark is three letters at the end of the word IRE , which I assume formed SHIRE – but which blooming one?

Bingalau 21:33 02 Nov 07

Probabaly Clackmananshire because I can't spell it, but then again neither can Google...

Bingalau 21:36 02 Nov 07

I give up!!! I'm off for an early night because I am off to the hospididdle in the morning, and if I can't have a "Dark and Stormy" I'm not playing. If it was my ball I'd take it home with me.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:39 02 Nov 07

Scotland West Coast?

Its always dark and stormy when I am up there.

Brumas 21:43 02 Nov 07

All the best for tomorrow - hope the injections work for you.

Brumas 21:44 02 Nov 07

or even Wales, so I'm told?

Legolas 21:46 02 Nov 07

Somehow I get the feeling for the East coast of Scotland and one of the many wee fishing villages along that coast.

crosstrainer 07:15 03 Nov 07

Could be near Haverfordwest?

laurie53 08:25 03 Nov 07

Live in one of the "wee fishing villages" and used to live in H'west, doesn't ring any bells for me - a bit flat.

My first thought was East Anglia.

John B 10:24 03 Nov 07

Eire (Ireland)?

Brumas 10:41 03 Nov 07

Why not, I never thought of that possibility I just presumed SHIRE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…