Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 38

Brumas 20:57 02 Nov 07

This British castle, click here of obvious strategic importance, is guarding a commanding coast-line but Bingalau - is it Formby beach and if so, whereabouts exactly? You are not going to get that free drink that easily! I’m only jossing mate, I know you can take a laugh and a joke – you wouldn’t have joined the Royal Marines if you couldn’t ;o))

Now, to be serious! The first image is in fact 2 real photographic postcards laid together to form a panoramic shot and the second is a standard postcard; the backs all have a common, pretty standard format i.e
Post Card/Carte Postale along the top with a vertical dividing line, the left-hand side titled Communication-Correspondance and the right-hand side titled Address-Adresse. In the square for the stamp is the stylised monogram K Ltd. As they are all unposted there are no other clues.

click here

click here

After all the hype over this posting regarding how difficult it will be, I will not be at all surprised if someone instantly recognises it!!!

Bingalau 21:01 02 Nov 07

From the way it's leaning it can only be "Pisa Castle". Now I have solved the hard one, I will have a shuffti at the other two pictures.

Brumas 21:10 02 Nov 07

No free 'Dark & Stormies' for you my lad!

alB 21:10 02 Nov 07

Just a quick guess to get the ball rolling, could it be Peel Castle on the IOM ...alB

Brumas 21:14 02 Nov 07

You rotter, spoiling my fun - I have just Googled Peel Castle and it looks like you are correct - well done! Ten minutes!! now I will have to go and scan another one - I had a feeling this would happen.

alB 21:18 02 Nov 07

Sorry, I recognised it more or less straight away, spent many a holiday on the island when we where kids, my father had family that lived there, when the tide was in there was a ferry to take you across and when the tide was out there was a sort of walkway that was stretched across to go over, quite scary for a young lad of six or seven ...alB

Bingalau 21:28 02 Nov 07

fourm member . I thought you were going to swing it my way for a minute then.

Brumas 21:30 02 Nov 07

I can't hear you - I'm still sulking.
Yah Boo Sucks!!

Brumas 21:56 02 Nov 07

I have just re-read Fourm Member's Castles Post and I must apologise for not seeing Quickbeam's pick - if I had, I obviously would not have made such a fool of myself by offering a mystery picture that wasn't!!

Full marks and apologies to Quickbeam.

crosstrainer 07:49 03 Nov 07

Before I even saw it!!! Well done Quickbeam

Quickbeam 07:58 03 Nov 07

Yes I recognised it at once, I've been there many times when visiting the IOM for the racing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…