Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 31

Brumas 22:24 28 Sep 07

By popular request and to try and redeem myself, I am offering a third and final one tonight. A fine lodgings – any idea where?
Be gentle with me, I am still smarting after the last mauling :o)

click here

Bingalau 22:37 28 Sep 07

Nearly missed that one as well as I was just thinking of retiring. It is St. Anthony's of course but where? Looks like a women's Refuge maybe? Also looks like Bessie Braddock in amongst that lot.

Bingalau 22:43 28 Sep 07

Changed my mind after putting it on photoshop. It's not St Anthony's. Can't quite read either of the signs properly but it's a wonderful looking building isn't it? Also too many men in the picture for it to be a women's refuge I suppose. All very well dressed so could be staff of a hospice maybe?

Woolwell 22:58 28 Sep 07

It is St Anthony's Board & Residence? Private Apartments. Before 1920? Holiday place I guess. But where?

Brumas 22:58 28 Sep 07

You were right the first time - I've had a closer look and it says St.Anthonys over the door. The sign appears to say Board, Residence and Private Apartments.
The women look like Bouncers for Mothercare!

TopCat® 23:00 28 Sep 07

This hospital has been rebuilt twice in its history - the 1914 build may have been the one in the photo. TC. click here

Bingalau 16:29 29 Sep 07

North Cheam? MMmm.. Isn't that where Anthony Hancock had his armful of blood taken from him? Didn't know they had named a hospital after him for his generosity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac