Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 29

Brumas 21:26 28 Sep 07

These rather fine arches appear grand enough, to me, to be Town Gates - but where? That young man astride the horse (which has more than a passing resemblance to a cow) could be ‘on sentry’ but I doubt it ;o)

click here

Woolwell 21:28 28 Sep 07

Gibraltar?

Woolwell 21:33 28 Sep 07

Second thoughts - responded too soon. It's not Gib

Brumas 21:34 28 Sep 07

By that was quick, I have just looked at the Gibraltar web site and you are spot on - well done

Kev.Ifty 21:35 28 Sep 07

The coat of arms of Gibraltar... click here
very similar to the one up on the left.

Your on to something.

Brumas 21:35 28 Sep 07

As that only lasted 2 blooming minutes I shall post another one :o(

Brumas 21:37 28 Sep 07

click here

Woolwell is a star!

Woolwell 21:43 28 Sep 07

And I thought I was wrong at one stage.
Many memories of going through those gates from the Dockyard past the Trafalgar Cemetery, on the right just before the gates, and on to Main Street. There used to be a reasonable bar(s) near by too.

WhiteTruckMan 21:50 28 Sep 07

or does the cow look like its got a wooden leg?

WTM

Brumas 21:58 28 Sep 07

That's no wooden leg, it looks more like a pair of stepladders used by old romeo there to mount the animal. I chose the word 'mount' very, very carefully!

Being kind to Bingalau, I think old romeo looks like a matelot down on his luck!

Bingalau 22:09 28 Sep 07

Blimey I never even saw number 29. Too busy watching the rugby tonight. I've just had a moan about number 30 going too quickly. Maybe Brumas has ran out of the hard to guess ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…