Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 26

Brumas 23:16 07 Sep 07

click here

As this unposted card is published by “Caledonia J,M & G series” I would hazard a guess at this being a Scottish scene?

The spit of land or island seems to be given over to a huge area of allotments resplendent with greenhouses and some stout looking sheds.
The skyline looks typical of an industrial town with the numerous smoking chimneys and I can just about make out 5 church steeples/towers.

Totally-braindead 23:21 07 Sep 07

Perth perhaps or Montrose, but I've never seen the allotment in the middle of the water.

ayrmail 02:21 08 Sep 07

It is the fair city of Perth. The allotments are covered by trees and there is a golf course on the island when it’s not flooded as for the smoke stacks linen,leather or jute perhaps.

Mark5001 06:37 08 Sep 07

click here

Looks very much the same steeple. River Tay and city centre. Perth. Perth and Kinross.

John B 06:46 08 Sep 07

Good information and pictures of the bridges click here

Brumas 17:59 08 Sep 07

Looks like another one 'bites the dust'
Thanks to one and all for the input.

I shall have to find a really abstruse one for my next offering - you lot are getting too good!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…