Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 18

Brumas 22:58 01 Jul 07

There are lots of Newtons in the U.K. but can anyone pin-point the exact whereabouts of this particularly rural haven.
I should imagine by now there may be a few more dwellings built on the lovely wide open spaces so recognition may be all the harder for that.

click here

WhiteTruckMan 00:07 02 Jul 07

after looking at shedloads of pictures of churches in various newtons all over the world,that your picture must have been taken by a chap called Newton!

For tonight at least, I give up.

WTM

Stuartli 00:09 02 Jul 07

Have you had a look at the forums which are listed?

click here

Bingalau 09:50 02 Jul 07

Looks typically British to me.. Then again the lad in the plus two's or is it plus four's looks American...

Bingalau 10:15 02 Jul 07

Brumas. The first place that came to my mind was "Newton-Le-Willows", .. Looks like a school building and maybe a vicarage on either side of the church. But I've never been to Newton-Le-Willows or any other Newton that I can remember. Just enhanced the picture in Photoshop but can't see any outstanding features when zooming in on the church or anywhere else. Maybe a real Photoshop operator/enthusiast can though.

wellshgit 13:02 02 Jul 07

It looks like St Johns church in Newton, which is a small village on the outskirts of Porthcawl, on the South Wales coast.click here.

Brumas 16:57 02 Jul 07

Was it the apple dropping on your head that made you think that ;o)

Brumas 16:59 02 Jul 07

Not quite sure which forums you mean? I cannot see any listed when I follow the link?

Brumas 17:00 02 Jul 07

I'm not quite sure that the rooflines match?

wellshgit 17:04 02 Jul 07

I will photograph it tomorrow. I am pretty sure it is the church.

Bingalau 18:06 02 Jul 07

See if you can get the same distance away and the same aspect. The church doesn't look the same to me though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac