Identification longshot/Talking Point Number 10

Brumas 10:07 21 Apr 07

The Lobster Pot Inn – but where? Wherever it is I suspect it has been reluctantly dragged into the 21st century, losing its quaintness and originality in the process!

WTM – unless you have an amphibious truck I can’t see you having driven past this before ;o)

click here

Kate B 11:03 21 Apr 07

Google contains references to only two Lobster Pot Inns on just seven pages. One is in Pembrokeshire and I don't think that's it as there's a picture of its front door on the BBC website click here that doesn't match the front door. I can't trawl through all the other results but the other Lobster Pot Inn is in Devon click here No picture immediately available but it's a candidate as it's right on the water, it seems.

Woolwell 11:23 21 Apr 07

Don't think it is Hope Cove. click here

Brumas 11:31 21 Apr 07

Yes, I googled it and found the same. Let's hope that someone, somewhere, has local knowledge and can positively identify it.

Brumas 11:32 21 Apr 07

I have to agree with you.

Woolwell 11:41 21 Apr 07

It looks like a tidal estuary or inlet. I think that the object on the slipway is a wheeled landing stage allowing passengers to alight from the boat. I wonder if there is a ferry crossing here?

Bingalau 11:55 21 Apr 07

Brumas. I know a lot of pubs in Devon, but can't help you with this one. When our experts come up with the answer, I will make a point of having a look at it next time I am down there. (June this year is scheduled).

Brumas 12:58 21 Apr 07

I really like the West Country but driving on the narrow 'sunken' lanes that twist and turn everywhere stresses me out too much! I like to be able to see what is coming and being able to pass oncoming vehicles without having to look for pull-ins or passing places!

By the way, mine's a Black & Tan - I don't mind waiting ;o)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 21 Apr 07

Reminds me very much of one in Marloes Haverfordwest
Pembrokeshire, haven't been there for 15 years. perhaps one of our Welsh colleagues can help.

Kate B 14:42 21 Apr 07

The picture I linked to earlier is the one in Marloes - it doesn't look like it but it's hard to know where the photograph was taken from, and it's been cropped.

anskyber 14:47 21 Apr 07

The River Fal in Cornwall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…