Identification Longshot/Talking Point 97

Brumas 20:58 01 Aug 08

Good Evening All

I obviously would like to know where the scene is set but more importantly, what specifically are we looking at?
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:26 01 Aug 08

More river bank than coast?

Henley? click here

Brumas 21:26 01 Aug 08

Good evening, closer magnification on the original doesn't help much, however that is not what I am looking for ;o)

Legolas 21:27 01 Aug 08

It looks something like ESTER but I'm not sure

Legolas 21:37 01 Aug 08

My chain of thought also. Apart from the obscured hotel name I haven't a clue.

I am going for a wild guess inspired by Fruit Bat /\0/\'s input...The Oxford/Cambridge boat race on the Thames?

Brumas 21:39 01 Aug 08

It probably would - I am just being devious ;o0

Woolwell 21:40 01 Aug 08

It's tidal. Possibly Cowes IOW click here

Woolwell 21:41 01 Aug 08

Cowes Regatta?

Macscouse 21:44 01 Aug 08

Could be an estuary. The jetty in the foreground has a set of gates to hold back the passengers for the ferry or cruise round the bay, maybe.

cycoze 21:46 01 Aug 08

I agree with Woolwell, Cowes, the small buildings on the left look like the ones on Victoria pier click here

Bingalau 21:48 01 Aug 08

Good evening Brumas and fellow competitors... This looks a bit like New Brighton but the river is not wide enough.

The hat on one of those youngsters (bottom right) looks big enough though.

Perhaps the number of flags around the hotel signifies something. Maybe a visit by someone of importance, or perhaps it has recently opened.

It looks a nice place though, doesn't it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…