Identification Longshot/Talking Point 87

Brumas 21:55 20 Jun 08

click here
The third and final one tonight – let’s see if realist can manage a hat-trick?

Brumas 22:07 20 Jun 08

You realise of course that I made those first two deliberately easy just so as to whet your interest ;o))

Brumas 23:11 20 Jun 08

You are getting warmer - the right land mass :o)

Brumas 13:46 21 Jun 08

^

TopCat® 14:01 21 Jun 08

I think the Irish harp in the bottom left corner gives a good clue. Where exactly in the 'Emerald Isle' it is escapes me for the time being. Perseverance is the watchword, I feel! TC.

TopCat® 14:18 21 Jun 08

Just noticed the lack of overhead wires above the tram, or a horse for that matter, so that only leaves steam propulsion, according to this - click here

It's difficult to spot any smokestack on the tram though, assuming it would exhaust above the tram! TC.

Legolas 12:44 22 Jun 08

I think it is somewhere in Southern Ireland as the Harp is more a symbol there than in Northern Ireland. Doesn't narrow it down much right enough

Bingalau 13:05 22 Jun 08

Brumas. If I could find the picture of the compass thingy you devised and sent out I might stand a chance, but I have been looking in vain for it and thought I would let you know that this thick ex-bootneck has failed miserably, again.

Al94 13:42 22 Jun 08

Fairly certain it is in Dublin by the style of the buildings

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:18 22 Jun 08

click here

thought it was this but not so sure.

Brumas 17:34 22 Jun 08

It is Booterstown, Blackrock a suburb of Dublin. Well done Al94 and all the rest of you.

This is the link to the map/clock should you need it for next week ;o)
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac