Identification Longshot/Talking Point 84

Brumas 09:28 14 Jun 08

click here
Unposted with no clues on the back.

This is the last one of any consequence and now we have finally reached the bottom of the pile of unidentifiable postcards. There are quite a few showing just stretches of water or fields/mountains or groups of people in and around buildings but none of them have any other identifiable factors in them – when you have seen one vista of water or field you have seen them all ;o(
So, from next week I shall, if we all agree, introduce the system I mooted earlier on whereby I will obscure the details on some interesting postcards and submit those. I, therefore shall not take part but will merely oversee the process and giving the ‘area of location’ clue if and when required.
As my wife is constantly adding postcards to her ever expanding collection, there will naturally come a time when a true unidentifiable one turns up – when this occurs I will naturally take part myself to exercise the old grey cells myself :o)

sunny staines 10:41 14 Jun 08

the steeple looks like the one in calais, but the display of union jacks discounts that, brickwork looks scottish.

crosstrainer 10:45 14 Jun 08

" There are quite a few showing just stretches of water or fields/mountains or groups of people in and around buildings but none of them have any other identifiable factors"

I might stand a chance with those :))

Brumas 10:53 14 Jun 08

and I will win the lottery ;o))

crosstrainer 10:55 14 Jun 08

:)!

Brumas 10:55 14 Jun 08

I do agree, let's hope our Scottish sleuths can pinpoint it accurately.

Bingalau 11:49 14 Jun 08

Sorry Brumas, I retired early last night, my hernia was giving me a lot of gyp.

This one looks to be the coronation of King George V. There seems to be a picture of him on the pub balcony. The poster underneath the balcony has what appears to be the name Dewdney on it. One of the flags in the balcony area also seems to have stripes on it. Maybe the USA Flag? or could it be the Greek flag?

Maybe the two church steeples will put someone on the right track.

Bingalau 11:51 14 Jun 08

P.S. The only Dewdney I know of sells Oggies down in Plymouth "Ivor Dewdney" ?

Brumas 12:02 14 Jun 08

In my opinion they are the tastiest ones I have ever eaten - and I have tried quite a few to reach that conclusion.
I used to spend some of my school holidays in Whitleigh!

Brumas 12:03 14 Jun 08

"Got Photoshop working on the Mac, yet?" Work in progress !!

laurie53 20:45 14 Jun 08

The brickwork might look Scottish, nut that is surely the Cross of St George next to the Union flag?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009